How to Protect Yourself Checklist
- Never take antibiotics to treat viral illnesses like colds or the flu. Antibiotics have no effect against viruses.
- When you are prescribed an antibiotic, take every dose, even if your symptoms go away. Taking part of the prescription only treats part of the infection.
- Never share antibiotics. These strong medications can cause dangerous side effects. They should only be used under a doctor’s care.
- Wash your hands well and often. This is the best way to keep from getting sick.
- Ask your doctor about pneumococcal (pneumonia) and influenza (flu) vaccinations.
- If you or your child is suffering from a virus such as cold or flu consult our Upper Respiratory Treatment Guides for symptom relief.